Monday, September 15, 2008

Sapa pics



Here is a pic of some of the hill tribe girls and others climbing some stairs, plus me trying on a hat in the large market in town. The girls tend to latch on to the tour groups of tourists, occasionally talk to us and try to sell little doodads and whatnots. I ended up buying that hat, which i think will be a good weight for taiwan. The style of those hill tribe things (they were mostly black hmong, by the way) has been appropriated by the hippies in america, but I think some of it is pretty nice. I bought a blanket (to use as a mattress on the train ride back) and a collared shirt, as well as the hat and some other gifts. They were very cheap, just a few us dollars (i think the hat was about $3) and I planned my money perfectly (almost).

No comments: