Friday, September 12, 2008

ethnography museum2



Here are 2 of my favorite buildings from behind the museum.

The 1st was extremely high, and a shape that really appeals to me. Might keep things cooler in the hot summer, I don't know, I bet there is some practical reason for that design, but anyway I think it looks cool.

The second is a mausoleum surrounded by erotic art. Whichever tribe likes to put statues of people having sex, pregnant women, and other funny things around the departed. I think I would really like that, at least while I'm alive it would make me laugh to think of my dirty, dirty Sarcophagus. Probably once I'm dead I wouldn't care a whole lot.

All around this back area, there was a couple taking wedding photos. People in Taiwan also go around with a photographer to famous beautiful spots, dressed in the wedding clothes, making a photo album before the wedding. It's interesting, but I feel bad for them, wearing so many clothes when it's 35+ Celsius and humid. Strangely, while I sweat like crazy in shorts and a tshirt, they seem to have no problem.

No comments: