Monday, November 02, 2009

Thailand 2

The next day I didn't do too much. Walked around my neighborhood, hung out by the pool and read Fever Pitch, basically took it easy. I made the mistake of asking for a restaurant to eat at. Invariably in Thailand, the more expensive and the more westerners involved, the worse the food. So going to the restaurant that the hotel recommends for foreigners, with an English speaking waiter, was not a good idea. Dinner wasn't terrible, but it was 4 times as expensive as any other meal and was the worst meal of the trip. Oh well. After that, I went to see the muay thai, which was pretty fun. The price had doubled since the last time I went (almost 4 years ago) but I got a free CD. Sad I forgot a camera. The fights were kind of interesting - it's also really interesting to see the section with all the thai guys screaming and betting (I sat in the weak foreigner section - I can't bring myself to stand for so long. And I saw them refuse to sell the cheaper ticket to another foreigner, so maybe there was no choice).

No comments: