Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Sunday in Thailand (3)



The next day, Saturday, I did nothing. Hung out at the pool, read a book, did a little shopping. Went for a little walk around a neighborhood, ate some good noodles, bbq pork, and wonton soup with vinegar chilis. That was it.

Sunday, I was more active. I wanted to do some touristy things, so I went to the biggest temple in Bangkok, Wat Pho. Saw a very nice reclining Buddha. Lots of fun statues and little stupas. This temple is known as a base for thai medicine and massage, so I was thinking about that, but the massage I found was priced too far beyond the norm for Bangkok. Lots of interesting shops selling medicine with Thai labels. I was interested in something for my stomach (the green papaya salad was SO spicy) but they were unwelcoming. The food stands, on the other hand, were very interesting, and the lime leaf pork I had was really delicious. I hung around this area, checking out the temple and surrounding area, until my feet hurt too much and I needed a break.

No comments: