Thursday, April 06, 2006

india journal entry 2

12/29

Calcutta is the dirtiest place in the world. The air is unbelievable - just stepping outside makes me feel filthy. I''m already over my intestinal problems, which is nice. I'm surrounded by amazing food, none of which I can eat. I'm sharing a room with Josh - Will's cousin who I knew in high school - which is fine, though it's a bit more expensive than I would have expected. Yesterday I walked all over through filthy streets crowded with people. I bought a korta, shirts, sheets, a blanket, pillow cases, a bag, etc. All very cheap. Today people are getting hennaed and I'm going to try to find a phone to make an international call. I need to take more photos. My pants got very dirty yesterday, so I need to buy more today and get some laundry done. (those pants - chinos - were ruined with an oil stain as I brushed up against some kind of exposed machinery on an unbelievably crowded street. They're teaching pants now.)

No comments: