Wednesday, April 12, 2006

anyway

So, that was fun. It was enjoyable to reminisce about my vacation, and it made me glad I kept a journal. So I got back in early January, worked for a few weeks, then came chinese new year. I went to Taichung to see my coworker Rodger (he showed me around), and went to a Burmese neighborhood with my boss Lyon (we ate delicious Mohinga, and more. I bought some mango chutney type things and spices. Lyon bought Beedhis.) I need to go back to that neighborhood sometime. February, nothing happened. March, I discovered a reasonably priced thai massage place nearby. I have enjoyed that, though they just raised their price so I can't go as often.

Right now, Sherry is taking care of something in the usa, so richard is watching her dog, shiao pang (little fatty). He is a big sweet black lab with a destructive tail and an interest in putting things in his mouth. Last night he came over and r's cat freaked. It started making deep moaning noises and steered clear. The dog was curious and would occasionally approach, scaring the cat. Finally, the cat started hissing and eventually swiped at the dog's nose, drawing blood. Dominance settled, the cat set about staring the dog down and basically being unpleasant. I know that it's a territorial thing, but seeing this annoying, unaffectionate cat stare down a sweet dog that just wants to please made me feel a little angry and more negatively towards the cat than I have ever felt. I wish we had a nice dog instead of a mean spirited cat living here.

No comments: