Thursday, October 01, 2009

today

I just watched Roman Polanski, Wanted and Desired and enjoyed it. Such an interesting life that guy has had and survived. You wouldn't want to get in a fist-fight with a guy that tough. It's really hard to believe that the US would want him back to rehash this case which can only look bad for the American legal system. If he just stayed in France that would be better for them - I wonder if this wasn't orchestrated by Polanski's lawyers to force the USA to accept defeat on this case. The movie also reminded me how much I enjoy his movies. It's interesting to see John Huston in Chinatown because Polanski is a director more like Huston's generation of Hollywood directors- interested and good at so many things. I'm going to have to watch some of those old films again.

Other than that, things continue on. My sickness has settled in to stay for a while in my sinuses, which is nice. I may be able to get some short term (maybe just a week) substitute work starting next week - have to go talk to the boss today, which is less fun with a cold. It was nice to see Lyon on Wednesday and eat HK style fried noodles. Walked around Zhongxiao Fuxing and I bought some Wen Shan Bao Zhong tea which is fun to drink. The weather is fairly cool today, so maybe I won't be soaked with sweat all day. I dare to dream. I've been listening to Grizzly Bear for the last couple of days - some of it I like but I guess I don't love it.

No comments: