Wednesday, October 15, 2008

sun moon lake 2


This is me at the love temple, dedicated to lovers and male and female energy. I'm next to the dragon, symbol of masculine energy. There was also a phoenix, a symbol of feminine energy. I was there at 5 pm, when they rang a bell and banged a drum, signifying the switch from yang (male) energy dominance to yin (female) energy. It was very interesting, and you could see couples praying together. Sun moon lake is a famous honeymoon destination, though I have to say that it's not exactly Paris as far as being romantic goes. And the food, which I consider important to any romantic experience, was not good. On this evening I had my most expensive dinner, and it was terrible, the worst, with slow service. Next time I will stick with the street food (the deep fried mushrooms and fried wild boar with onions that I bought on the street was the best meal I had.)

No comments: