Tuesday, August 30, 2005

yet another typhoon day pt 2

Other things-

My old computer finally decided it couldn't go on. I now have a new used computer that is substantially better, so I should soon be able to post photos. Plus, I can actually see my own blog! Wow!

I have a regular workout schedule, and the physical activity is making me feel better. I need it.

Started Chinese class again this week. Going back a few chapters to review. The teacher is good (i think - she taught me bopomofo, the basic phoenetic system for learning chinese in taiwan) though i miss my old teacher. This teacher does allow some english, and occasionally the students just start random conversations. It's hard to hear the lesson when there are 3 loud conversations going on, in english, japanese, and korean while the teacher is speaking. I think it's kind of rude, and certainly annoying, but I don't want to be the guy who tells these assholes to shut up. Hopefully it will get too dificult and they will drop out soon. anyway, i'm excited to be back in class.

Our landlady is going to sell this apt., so we need to move. She is not a great landlady, so we would probably move after this lease anyway. We looked at a new place last night. Substantially cheaper, but smaller too. Secure building, convenient to a pool and a nice place to walk or run. Has its own little park/courtyard. Seems quiet. It's outside of the city, so the air is cleaner. But we need to furnish it (AC, bed, tables, chairs, couch, etc. There is a commute. And expenses are starting to add up right now as my work hours decrease. Still, a change might be nice. It's closer to the mountains and the teahouses in Jiufun. And I do like the clean air.

No comments: