Saturday, February 25, 2012

Post Mortem

Well, it's been a while. So catching up. Cambodia continued to be great. We biked all around Angkor and that was great. When I went back to Phnom Penh I was sad that I hadn't spent more time in Siem Reap. Anyway, I saw the Killing Fields which was pretty horrifying. There was a tower of skulls. Also bone fragments and clothing scraps visible in the dirt. And it was silent other than a recording of a Buddhist drum tok-tok-toking away. Very creepy and to say I was happy to see kids playing with a puppy as I drove away would be a major understatement. Anyway, that stuck with me. Walked around the city quite a bit, bought a betel nut box, and relaxed. It was all very nice. Then I went to Thailand. Then I came home to Taiwan, ready to get back to work.

No comments: