Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cambodia 1




My flight arrived in the early evening, maybe a little bit after 6. The Pnomh Penh airport was small and immediately after I got off I was besieged by taxi or tuktuk drivers trying to get me. Finally went with this tuk tuk guy who didn't speak English but seemed smiley enough. 7$ seemed to be a set price to town, but maybe i got ripped off. Not terrible, anyway. The ride was interesting enough and bumpy and I got to my hotel just as it got dark. My room was not particularly nice - no full sized bed (which I had requested), window painted black, and mosquitoes. The hotel was in an inconvenient location, but I took a tuk tuk down by the river to walk around. Lots of shops selling pirated software, movies, and books. All in the open, but much more laid back than Bangkok. Almost peaceful except for the regular chirps of "tuk tuk?" and "motorbike?" as I walked down the street. Tried some Amok (pretty good, but very mild after the fire of thai food) and I relaxed. Went home early so I could meet Lyon.

No comments: