Thursday, December 02, 2004

christmas

oh, a little bit about xmas here. people keep asking me if i'm doing anything to celebrate, so i guess i'm supposed to care. but with limited $ and no interest in the holiday, it doesn't mean too much to me. kojen is going to force me to teach the students some ridiculously simplified versions of carols (and their choices are bizarre for little kids - little drummer boy but no frosty the snowman), and apparently i have to go caroling in the night market on xmas eve. as part of a freakish band of foriegn dumbasses i expect some odd looks. on the plus side, i have been asked to dress up as santa claus which gives me an excuse to work on my billy bob thornton impression. i need to make sure i have the hip flask filled with whiskey handy - isn't it funny how drunken santa has become a cliche? anyway, at least i don't have to deal with the xmas shopping season in the us.

No comments: